Cilantro Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a bowl, combine the corn, beans, tomato, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, cilantro, hot pepper sauce and garlic powder. Pour over corn mixture and gently stir to coat. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 46 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Jun 5, 2010
My family loves this salsa and I've shared the recipe many times already. We even like to use it in wraps or as a condiment for grilled fish or chicken.
May 24, 2010
Loved this dip!
Dec 26, 2008
I sampled, and loved, a similar dish at a pool party several years ago, but the hostess chose not to share the recipe. Since finding and making this recipe, I have made it many times, and have always been asked for the recipe, which I have happily chosen to share. This dish is healthy (especially made with low-fat Italian dressing) and delicious, and is always a hit!em-the-hem
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.