With plenty of cilantro and basil in my garden and a bottle of tequila in the pantry, I knew just what to do to these shrimp. I think the crushed red pepper really gave it an extra kick! —Tami Penunuri, Leauge City, Texas
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cilantro-Basil Grilled Shrimp in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p64