Cider Wassail Punch
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 medium orange, quartered
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 16 whole cloves
- 1 cup rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bitters, optional
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, combine juices and sugar. Place orange, cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add spice bag to juices.
- Bring liquid to a simmer. Add rum and, if desired, bitters and orange slices. Discard spice bag before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 203 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2011
I made punch similiar and it was delicious.I used 6c. cider, 8c cranberry juice, 1/4 c. brown sugar, 3 cinnamon sticks & whole gloves. I just put on stove, as I was in a hurry - IT WAS WONDERFUL
Jan 5, 2011
I added the spices to the cider and simmered on the stovetop for a while instead of using a percolater. Then I mixed everything together (after straining out the spices) in the crock pot to keep hot.