- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place the squash and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine cider, oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg; pour over squash mixture.
- Cover and bake 35 minutes or until tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
1 cup: 109 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein.