- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add pork chops and toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the celery, onions, garlic and thyme for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Return pork to the pan. Add cider. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCider Pork Chops
"Sorry...would not make again. The pork chops were tender and I liked the onions, celery, garlic mixture but the cider vinegar was def. too sour/tart for out taste...and yes it was fresh...just too sour tasting. Edible, but I would not make again. REVISED!! OMG...my apologies, I used apple cider vinegar instead of apple cider or juice...Boy what a space head I am! No wonder it was so sour. I will try again..."
"Very good and tender and easy to make"
"Very easy, very tender. A definite make again meal."
"These chops come out so so tender off the skillet. I also didn't use apple juice because we nad none on hand, but I used Apple Strawberry Kiwi instead! These were still delisious and I will absolutely be making these in the future!"
"Wow! These were so good. We didn't have celery, so we made it without. We also only had apple juice, so I added a couple dashes of cinnamon. I also kept the meat covered while I cooked it so it was super juicy. I know I'll be making this again."
"Ok so I admit I didn't make it exactly as the recipe states. I forgot to get apple cider/juice from the grocery store so I substituted chicken stock. It turned out fabulous. I thickened up the sauce with a little cornstarch and it was a hit with my family. It was simple and came together quickly. I am adding this to my list of go-to dishes."