- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 small carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in 3 teaspoons oil on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the cider, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, mustard and ginger; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place carrots in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning once. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forCider-Glazed Pork Chops with Carrots
"It had more flavor than I thought it would. The pork chops stayed moist but I wish the sauce was a little thicker."
"yummy and simple!"