Cider Baked Squash
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash, cut into 1-inch slices, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- Preheat oven to 325° Arrange squash in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Pour cider over squash. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and mace; sprinkle over squash. Cover with foil. Bake until squash is tender, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 137 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Oct 22, 2015
I prepared this delicious recipe tonight and it is a winner. My hubby, who does not love squash, asked for seconds. Remember, acorn squash are hard to cut and you do have to remove the seeds from the center of the squash. Once cut, it is easy to prepare and pop into the oven. We will be having this delicious dish again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Jul 26, 2008
terribly hard to read. directions skimpy. obviously you don't put the brown sugar and cider on top of an unpeeled squash but there is no indication if you top it to remove the seeds or what. poor quality for TOH.