With a unique combination of flavors in this recipe, dinner is sure to satisfy. My freezer is hardly ever without single servings of the dish my grandson calls 'pear chix.' We love it.—Sheila Berg, Lucas Valley, California
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- Drain pears, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set pears and juice aside. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large resealable bag, combine flour and pepper. Add chicken in batches and shake to coat.
- In each of two large skillets, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine the onion, chutney, lemon juice, curry powder and reserved pear juice; pour into skillets. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and pears. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chutney Pear Chicken in Complete Freezer Cookbook bookazine 2012 2012, p85