When you're looking for a dip with a difference, try this tangy blend from Zelda D Hoedt of Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Made with yogurt and a healthy dash of curry, this dip goes great with all kinds of veggies.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chutney
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium green pepper
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chutney, onions and curry powder. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cut top off green pepper; remove seeds and membrane. Fill with dip. Serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 37 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Originally published as Chutney Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.