Chutney Cracker Spread
"This savory spread on crackers is a delicious alternative to the usual cheese spread," reports Carolyn Eastham, a South Bend, Washington field editor.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 bottle (9 ounces) chutney
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and curry powder until smooth. Fold in the onions and peanuts. Spread about 1/2 in. thick on a serving plate. Chill. Just before serving, pour chutney over all. Serve with crackers.