Chutney Cheese Ball Recipe
This light party starter goes great with crackers, bread cubes or fruit. —Patricia Schneider, Rollinsford, New Hampshire
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crackers, bread cubes and apples slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts. Press parsley into ball; cover and chill until serving. Serve with crackers, bread cubes and apple slices. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Chutney Cheese Ball
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2014
"Ummm!My notes: Unfortunately, I didn't have green onions ~ used onion powder instead. I think green onions would've been better. Also, I used Double Berry Pepper Jam (?) found on this website instead of chutney. Will try it with pecans next time. It was slightly sweet, but pretty for Christmas with the "red" t green."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC