Chutney Cheese Ball
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Crackers, bread cubes and apples slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Shape into a ball and roll in walnuts. Press parsley into ball; cover and chill until serving. Serve with crackers, bread cubes and apple slices.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Dec 17, 2014
Ummm!My notes: Unfortunately, I didn't have green onions ~ used onion powder instead. I think green onions would've been better. Also, I used Double Berry Pepper Jam (?) found on this website instead of chutney. Will try it with pecans next time. It was slightly sweet, but pretty for Christmas with the "red" t green.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.