Church-Supper Ham Loaf
Any leftover holiday ham gets ground up and used in this special loaf for a future meal. As the name suggests, it has made more than one appearance on the potluck table.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- 1 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, sour cream, eggs, onion, lemon juice and seasonings. Crumble ham and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 9x5-in. oval; place in a greased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over loaf. Bake, uncovered, 20-30 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 494 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 1189mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Church-Supper Ham Loaf in Country Pork