- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 12 fresh sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar and salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Top with walnuts and green onions. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 14 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forChunky Veggie Slaw
"Wonderful slaw with perfect amount of crunch. I added mandarin oranges and green onions but it would have been just as good without it. The cucumbers really made it a favorite recipe for me. I did not use buttermilk, I just added a little olive oil to keep it loose."
"Haven't made this yet but I really do not care for buttermilk. Any suggestions?"
"Made this recipe for a gathering this weekend. Will make again, its delicious!! The longer it sets the better it gets."
"Used small red and yellow peppers rather than green pepper. Took this slaw to outdoor barbecue picnic- another season to repeat 'again and again'!! Thanks!"
"Will never make cole slaw any other way. This is delicious."
"This is the only slaw, of any kind, my husband will eat. We love the crunch and the dressing isn't overbearing. Will be including this side to our holiday meals!"