Chunky Vegetable Chilled Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (46 ounces) reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 95 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 695mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 22, 2013
First time trying a cold soup. Made it today. Some variations: Used red and yellow sweet peppers, instead of green pepper. Added a cup of chopped yellow zucchini. I chopped all of the veggies rather small, as opposed to larger pieces. Very delicious and refreshing! Out of curiosity, I warmed up some of the soup. It is, of course, very good as a warm soup. The ?secret? to this soup are the V8 juices.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.