Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup
It's been 25 years since I cut this recipe out of a newspaper, and I've made it countless times since then. We like it so well that I always boil the leftover turkey bones and freeze the broth with turkey meat in quart containers, so it's available whenever I want to make soup.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup cubed peeled potato
- 1/3 cup sliced carrot
- 1/3 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup cooked spiral pasta
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, lima beans, potato, carrot, celery and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and pasta; cook until heated through. Stir in parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 242 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Originally published as Chunky Turkey Vegetable Soup in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.