Chunky Tomato Guacamole
"Every time we sit down and watch a football game, my husband expects a bowl of this to be on the coffee table," writes Glenda Ardoin from Hessmer, Louisiana. Chopped tomatoes and sweet red pepper add color and crunch to this guacamole.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in the tomato, red pepper, onions, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 83 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Cajun Guacamole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.