"Every time we sit down and watch a football game, my husband expects a bowl of this to be on the coffee table," writes Glenda Ardoin from Hessmer, Louisiana. Chopped tomatoes and sweet red pepper add color and crunch to this guacamole.
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, mash avocado until smooth. Stir in the tomato, red pepper, onions, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, cayenne and thyme if desired. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Chunky Tomato Guacamole in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p17
Reviews forChunky Tomato Guacamole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2010
"Looooove it! I didn't have sweet red pepper in mine but loved it just as much. I would use less lemon juice though."