Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce Recipe
- 1 pound rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 pounds tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place rhubarb, apples and sugar to taste in a large saucepan. Cover and simmer until fruit is soft, about 40-45 minutes. Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 4 cups.
1/4 cup: 58 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Chunky Rhubarb Applesauce
"really7 a good change of pace from regular apple sauce. i used it in a an applesauce cake recipe and it was so good"
"This was so delicious! Hubby said it was the best applesauce ever. I used frozen rhubarb. Mine didn't come out nice and chunky like the picture, and I stopped cooking it after 30 minutes."