- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 6 dozen.
Reviews forChunky Peanut Butter Cookies
"Outstanding cookies. The only thing I will change, when I make them again, is to decrease the salt. The peanuts seemed to provide enough salt."
"This recipe is easy and DELICIOUS! I didn't have any peanuts, so I added an extra half cup coconut. Very, very good cookies."
"These cookies have a very good buttery flavor. I will definetly make them again. However I dropped the dough by heaping teaspoons and I got 48 cookies that were abut 11/2 inches across. Not large cookies at all. No way can you get 72 cookies. I also cooked all batches at 350 for 12 minutes. That seemed to be perfect for my oven . Watch your time on your first batch."