Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 7, 2014
Outstanding cookies. The only thing I will change, when I make them again, is to decrease the salt. The peanuts seemed to provide enough salt.
Aug 23, 2013
My family wanted extra peanut buttery cookies so I used chocolate-peanut butter swirled chips instead of just chocolate and swapped out the raisins for peanut butter M&M's (which added fun color) and left out the coconut. They are amazing! Next time we might try Reese's Pieces.
Jul 11, 2012
This recipe is easy and DELICIOUS! I didn't have any peanuts, so I added an extra half cup coconut. Very, very good cookies.
Jan 28, 2010
These cookies have a very good buttery flavor. I will definetly make them again. However I dropped the dough by heaping teaspoons and I got 48 cookies that were abut 11/2 inches across. Not large cookies at all. No way can you get 72 cookies. I also cooked all batches at 350 for 12 minutes. That seemed to be perfect for my oven . Watch your time on your first batch.