Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, raisins, peanuts and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 117 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 7, 2014
Outstanding cookies. The only thing I will change, when I make them again, is to decrease the salt. The peanuts seemed to provide enough salt.
Aug 23, 2013
My family wanted extra peanut buttery cookies so I used chocolate-peanut butter swirled chips instead of just chocolate and swapped out the raisins for peanut butter M&M's (which added fun color) and left out the coconut. They are amazing! Next time we might try Reese's Pieces.
Jul 11, 2012
This recipe is easy and DELICIOUS! I didn't have any peanuts, so I added an extra half cup coconut. Very, very good cookies.
Jan 28, 2010
These cookies have a very good buttery flavor. I will definetly make them again. However I dropped the dough by heaping teaspoons and I got 48 cookies that were abut 11/2 inches across. Not large cookies at all. No way can you get 72 cookies. I also cooked all batches at 350 for 12 minutes. That seemed to be perfect for my oven . Watch your time on your first batch.