Chunky Peanut Brittle
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1-1/2 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups peanut butter chips, divided
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 15x10x1-in. pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons of butter. Sprinkle with 1 cup peanut butter chips; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring sugar, corn syrup, water and remaining butter to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until butter is melted. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-cracked stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in peanuts. Quickly pour onto prepared pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips and remaining peanut butter chips. With a knife, gently swirl softened chips over top of brittle. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce-weight: 183 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
I've been making this for a number of Christmases. My son makes it to share with friends and colleagues as well. It is delicious, always a well received gift. It just would not be Christmas around here without this great peanut brittle, the best!
Jul 9, 2017
This brittle is easy to make and the melted chip on top make it extra special!
Nov 21, 2016
I have been making this since it first appeared in the Taste of Home magazine several years ago. My mom loved this stuff! She passed away in early Sept., so there may be a few tears shed this year when I make it.
Dec 15, 2012
I've been making this brittle for years. It's a Christmas family tradition to make. Absolutely love it.
Nov 11, 2012
This is absolutely amazing. Tastes delicious and the texture is divine. Have made several times and will make again soon!! Have had many compliments!
Nov 6, 2012
This candy is seriously the best brittle I have ever made or tasted. It's definitely not figure friendly, but hey, what candy is! It isn't difficult to chew at all with all the chips in it.
Dec 12, 2010
This is the third year I have made these. Foolproof, easy, and plenty of complements.
Dec 9, 2009
I am not a big fan of normal peanut brittle, so I decided to try it out. It is MUCH easier to make than the other and very yummy!! This recipe was a hit at our party.
Nov 29, 2009
This recipe is FAR better than traditional peanut brittle. I've had MANY people request the recipe and I take it to all of the holiday gatherings each year!
Dec 14, 2008
This really is the best. I constantly get requests for the recipe!