- 7 medium peaches (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full with water; bring to a boil. Cut a shallow “X” on the bottom of each peach. Using tongs, place peaches, a few at a time, in boiling water 30-60 seconds or just until skin at the “X” begins to loosen. Remove peaches and immediately drop into ice water. Pull off skins with tip of a knife; discard skins. Chop peaches.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine peaches, sugar and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Mash peaches. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add gelatin mixture; cook 1 minute longer, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool 10 minutes.
- Pour into jars. Refrigerate, covered, up to 3 weeks. Yield: about 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews forChunky Peach Spread
"Can this be frozen?"
"Hi Vonopen,We don't recommend deviating from the recipe directions for storage.You could risk not only quality, but safety.Sue StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"can this be canned and saved for several months? Sukie"
"Can this be frozen? I have not made it , yet. It sounds delicious"