Chunky Mocha Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in milk, coffee granules and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, chips, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 16, 2013
These cookies have great flavor! If I make these again, I would leave out the raisins and substitute the pecans with almonds.
Nov 14, 2011
Theses cookies are really good! :)
Jun 28, 2010
Just made these this morning - they are really good - and quick to mix up!
Aug 19, 2008
I don't use the raisins or the coconut because they aren't popular ingredients, BUT during Christmas i had to make more than 3 batches just so i could have enough to feed people at each party.