Chunky Mocha Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Beat in milk, coffee granules and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans, chips, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 176 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 16, 2013
These cookies have great flavor! If I make these again, I would leave out the raisins and substitute the pecans with almonds.
Nov 14, 2011
Theses cookies are really good! :)
Jun 28, 2010
Just made these this morning - they are really good - and quick to mix up!
Aug 19, 2008
I don't use the raisins or the coconut because they aren't popular ingredients, BUT during Christmas i had to make more than 3 batches just so i could have enough to feed people at each party.