Chunky Herbed Pizza Dip Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- Mozzarella sticks, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Drain one can tomatoes; set aside. (Save tomato juice for another use.) Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and sugar to the pan.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with mozzarella sticks if desired. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 42 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Chunky Herbed Pizza Dip
"I served this with little garlic breads. It was so good."