Chunky Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies
This is a great-tasting cookie. Children love them, and my husband and I like to take them when we go hiking.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, cherries and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Cookies in Country June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.