Chunky Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies
This is a great-tasting cookie. Children love them, and my husband and I like to take them when we go hiking.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the oats, chocolate chips, cherries and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Cookies in Country June/July 2007