I tuck a glass jar of this colorful relish into Christmas gift baskets along with cookies and fudge. Its tasty medley of fruits and nuts is delicious served with ham or poultry. —Donna Brockett, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Recommended: 25 Gorgeous Grape Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained and cut up
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberries, sugar and oranges to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until the berries burst.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the peaches, pineapple, pecans and raisins. Cool. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Fruit and Nut Relish Condiment in Taste of Home December/January 1994, p15