Chunky Crawfish Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- Chop crawfish; pat dry. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, Creole seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce; stir in the crawfish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 88 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Jan 19, 2014
I couldn't find crawfish so I used shrimp. I liked it but my husband didn't which really surprised me. He said something tasted sour. I'd use tortilla chips next time instead of crackers.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.