Chunky Crawfish Spread
Seafood is plentiful here, and crayfish is my favorite. I like to serve this tasty appetizer while the main course is finishing up in the oven. Suggested romance: Shrimp may be substituted for the crawfish.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cooked crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 12 drops hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- Chop crawfish; pat dry. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the peppers, onion, garlic, Creole seasoning, salt and hot pepper sauce; stir in the crawfish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 88 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Crawfish Appetizers in Taste of Home February/March 2006
Jan 19, 2014
I couldn't find crawfish so I used shrimp. I liked it but my husband didn't which really surprised me. He said something tasted sour. I'd use tortilla chips next time instead of crackers.