Chunky Corn Dip
This Southwestern-style dip is easy to whip up in advance and keep in the fridge until serving time. Chopped jalapeno peppers add a nice kick.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- Tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and cumin. Stir in the corn, onions, olives and jalapenos. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 202 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Corn Dip in Country Woman Christmas 2009