Here's a satisfying soup that you'll find yourself serving year-round. Every spoonful is loaded with the fantastic flavor of chicken, celery, carrots and peas.
Recommended: 30 Chicken Noodle Soups from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- In a large saucepan, cook the chicken, celery and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the broth, carrots, thyme, salt if desired and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in macaroni and peas. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Soup in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p23
Reviews forChunky Chicken Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review