Chunky Chicken Rice Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 package (6 ounces) grilled chicken strips, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in rice and parsley. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 19 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 9, 2013
Actually, i altered it a bit. Used baby carrots cut in small pieces, onion minces, and celery in place of frozen mixed veggies. Didn't have the parsley either. Did use some garlic. Also, used jasmine rice. Grilled the chicken breast strips then cut into chunks. I had some homemade chicken brother in the freezer-28 ounces and combined that with cups of water. It came out pretty good. I am a real amateur so don't pay attention to this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.