- 1/2 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute carrot, celery and onion in butter until tender. Add broth, chicken and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add noodles; cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Add parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forChunky Chicken Noodle Soup
"Delicious, inexpensive, comfort food. Very tasty! Perfect for a cold day!"
"Agree with several other reviewers that this is a bit salty. Otherwise, delicious, and very comforting on a cold day"
"My family loved it!!!"
"The best recipe for chicken noodle soup I have ever used. The only thing I do different is leave out the salt. There is enough seasoning with all the other herbs that we never notice the missing salt! I also make it in double and triple batches and freeze it for later.. I give it away and it's always well liked. Delicious."
"We really enjoyed this soup!"
"Next time I will omit salt and maybe add 1 - 2 cups more water. It is a bit salty. I cooked my chicken with some garlic as well."