This recipe is so versatile! Look in your fridge for anything else you want to throw in, like red pepper, mushrooms, extra zucchini—you name it. And if you're a vegetarian, go ahead and leave out the chicken. —Stephanie Loaiza, Layton, Utah
Featured In: Slow Cooker Superstars
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garden-style spaghetti sauce
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Sliced ripe olives and shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Place the first six ingredients in a large resealable plastic freezer bag; seal bag and freeze.
- To use, place filled freezer bag in refrigerator 48 hours or until completely thawed. Transfer contents of bag to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Coarsely shred chicken with two forks. Serve with spaghetti. If desired, top with olives and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chunky Chicken Cacciatore in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews forChunky Chicken Cacciatore
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2016 Edited Jan. 20, 2016
"Okay taste but it's not Cacciatore without mushrooms and it shouldn't have olives."