Chock-full of color and lively flavor, this salsa makes a nice appetizer paired with tortilla chips. "It's great for parties because it's easy and delicious," notes Chris Behnke of Fruitland, Iowa. "My husband loves it."
Recommended: 39 Quick Vegetarian Meals for Winter Weeknights
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to coat. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Chunky Black Bean Salsa in Country Woman July/August 2002, p40