Chunky Beef Stew
I'm fortunate to have a husband who loves to cook; He's always digging through cookbooks in search of new recipes. We enjoy grocery shopping and coming home to spend time together in the kitchen. - Miriam Wages, Arnoldsville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 70 min.
- 2 quarts water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean), cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the beef, corn, tomatoes, peas, tomato sauce, ketchup, mustard and seasonings. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add macaroni; simmer 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Out of prepared mustard? Make your own! For every tablespoon of prepared mustard, combine 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard and 2 teaspoons vinegar.