Chunky Avocado Salad Recipe
In Phoenix, Arizona, Jamie Jeffers combines tomatoes, onion and jalapeno with cilantro and avocado for a chunky salsa that is great with crunchy tortilla chips. TIP: "Sometimes I use a few fresh green chilies instead of the jalapeno pepper, and scoop the mixture over a green salad for a healthy and zesty dressing," Jamie says.
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and pulse until coarsely chopped (do not overprocess); drain liquid. Transfer to a bowl; stir in avocado. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Chunky Avocado Salad
Reviewed Feb. 4, 2013
"Another great avocado recipe. Loved thetangy taste."
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2011
"We tried this both with and without the avocado. Both were good, but the avocado added a really nice flavor! Thanks!!"
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2011
"This is a family favorite"
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2009
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC