Chunky Avocado Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 cups
- 3/4 pound plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- Tortilla chips
- In a food processor, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and pulse until coarsely chopped (do not overprocess); drain liquid. Transfer to a bowl; stir in avocado. Serve with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2013
Another great avocado recipe. Loved thetangy taste.
Jun 18, 2011
We tried this both with and without the avocado. Both were good, but the avocado added a really nice flavor! Thanks!!
Jun 13, 2011
This is a family favorite
Jun 6, 2009