- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium Gala or Fuji apples, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forChunky Apple Snack Cake
"I prepared this cake today and it is delicious. Instead of shredding the apples, I cut them into small dice. The batter is extremely thick and I found it hard to mix in the apples so I recommend shredding them if possible. I think it might make the dough a little more manageable. The cake rose nicely once in the pan and both hubby and I agree that it is delicious."
"I liked this cake. It isn't the most impressive cake you will make, but it is good, very moist and not too sweet. I like that it is diabetic friendly, even though no one in my home is diabetic. I did grate the apples but think I will try chopping them very small next time. Love the nuts; they really make the cake!"
"easy to make and very good! Not overly sweet. Great way to use up some apples. If you like cinnamon, double the amount. This makes an excellant quick breakfast, with a little bit of butter on top. Also, can be dressed up a little with sprinkling of powder sugar on top. As a volunteer Field editor for taste of home magazine, I enjoy recipes that use classic ingredients."