Chuck Wagon Chowder
Serve fresh fruit or a salad with this hearty chowder and you have a complete meal! My family really enjoys it.—Regina Somerlot, Wabash, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 quart plus 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 package (1 pound) noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces each) shredded American cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef with onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peas, tomatoes and tomato juice. Add noodles and seasonings.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring as needed. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 375 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 997mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Chowder in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.