- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pound beef top round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, juice drained and reserved
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn, juice drained and reserved
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag. Place beef cubes in bag and shake to coat evenly.
- In a Dutch oven or large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add onion, green pepper and garlic; cook until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in chili powder, oregano and reserved vegetable liquid; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until meat is tender, about 45-50 minutes. Stir in beans and corn; simmer 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChuck Wagon Chow
"This was just okay tasting. We had it over cornbread and by the end of dinner everyone was still hungry."