Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 16 red gumdrops
- 32 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and water; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup batter. To remaining batter, stir in food coloring. Cut a 1/4-in. hole at the corner of two food-safe plastic bags; fill one with pink batter and one with plain batter.
- Using pink batter, pipe a 4x2-in. oval ring onto a greased baking sheet for bunny face. Pipe two ovals for ears. Using plain batter, pipe centers for ears and cheeks for face. Pipe additional pink batter to completely fill ears and face. Repeat with remaining batters.
- Trim off bottom ends of gumdrops; use rounded tops for noses. Add chocolate chips for eyes. Bake 4-6 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Apr 3, 2013
It cute and my childern like it so well I did not get peice to try.
Apr 1, 2013
Very cute and easy to make, however, I thought they were very bland. Added some flavoring to the 2nd batch and they were slightly better, but not great.
Mar 31, 2013
Cute recipe, easy to make but if your cake batter is too runny, you have to be really quick to form the bunnies. Kids loved them, it was like Easter pancakes, emphasis on cake!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.