For a truly special chicken dinner, try this delicious dish. The ginger and Chinese five-spice adds so much flavor that this dish will be requested by your family all the time.—Helen Currie, Douglas, New Brunswick
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder, optional
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth or sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chrysanthemum petals
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broth, additional broth or sherry and green onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the flower petals and toss to coat. Serve over rice.