- 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sliced stuffed green olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- Put all dressing ingredients in jar; shake well. Combine cauliflower, olives and peppers in glass bowl; pour dressing over all. Marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forChristmas Vegetable Salad
"Disappointing! Glad I tried this before making it for Christamas!"
"I've made a similar thing for years and call it "Winter salad". I add sliced carrots and often add marinated artichoke hearts, using a little additional of the artichoke marinade as the dressing. I may make a large batch and keep in the frig for several days, taking some out each day to toss with some lettuce, pine nuts, snap peas, pepperocini, and whatever else I have on hand that sounds good. I sometimes rinse off the artichoke hearts and use another dressing. This is versatile and always a hit."
"This was a great salad, for someone who doesn't like peppers or stuffed olives it was great."
"Very tangy and tasty, albeit unusual. My family liked this salad--it went well with lasagna as a side dish, believe it or not!"
"I have used this recipe often. Sometimes we substitute Splenda for the sugar. I used red wine vinegar and 1 packet of Splenda. Delicious."
"I grew up on this recipe except we always used a lite Italian dressing. I like the dressing ingredients used in this recipe. Any crunchy vegetables works well with it, too, such as fresh broccoli, carrots, and celery. It's one of my favorite salads."
"This salad is a keeper. My family loved it."