Christmas Tree Brownies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green paste food coloring, optional
- Assorted nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour, mixing well.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownie from pan. Cut brownie to form a tree (save trimmings for another use). If desired, tint frosting green. Frost tree; decorate as desired. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 brownie: 286 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 30, 2017
I hate to be snarky about this, but why go to the trouble of making real "from scratch" brownies only to cover them with nasty frosting from a can??!? Homemade butter cream is not exactly brain surgery and it tastes so much better!
Dec 22, 2014
Jaymehale , I would appreciate having the original recipe. Please post it, if you don't mind.Have a very Merry Christmas!
Feb 7, 2014
Dec 31, 2013
This brownie tree recipe was a big hit with everyone!!! My daughter had the most fun adding candy decorations!! I'll be adding this recipe to our holiday treats!
Dec 21, 2013
These are simple, and delicious. I made the Rudolph version for my kids! That version is in the Taste of Home Magazine/December 2013 edition. If you can't find the candy eyes, you can use white candies, and dab a little black gel frosting onto the centers!
Nov 17, 2013
I wish Taste of Home had posted my mom's actual recipe because it is a family favorite. I'm a bit disappointed that they changed the name, the pic, and a few of the ingredients because her brownies are great the way she makes them.