Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 239 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 1135mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 23, 2018
Dec 20, 2017
This is super easy and yummy. Making for part of my Christmas dinner. I highly recommend this soup for its relish taste & ease. Great combo!
Nov 28, 2017
This is very simple but delicious soup recipe that I can make on a busy weeknight. Serve it with bread and salad. I usually use organic low sodium chicken broth and a can of diced tomatoes with roasted garlic and the flavor is very good. My kids love this soup.
Mar 13, 2015
This was so easy to make! We had a healthy comforting meal on the table in no time! Thanks for sharing this.
Jan 29, 2015
Such an easy, delicious recipe. We will absolutely make this again
Jan 5, 2015
This was so easy to make and it was so delicious! This will be one of my favorites to make again.
Dec 11, 2014
I love how quick and easy it was.
Dec 4, 2014
This was really good!
Nov 29, 2014
There is a very similar recipe using turkey italian sausage in addition to the ravioli, baby spinach and diced tomatoes which is also very good.
Dec 21, 2013
Really good soup and easy to make if you are in a pinch!