Christmas Star Rolls
On a special day, preparing mouthwatering cinnamon rolls with a rich caramel sauce is a tempting way to treat family and friends. Using convenient hot roll mix makes it easy to do, and the pecans and candied cherries give the rolls a lovely look.—Ann Harrill, Reidsville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 1/4-in. thick rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long end; pinch edges to seal seam. Cut each roll into eight equal pieces and set aside. Arrange pecans and cherries in two greased 8-in. round pans or 6-cup ring molds. Combine glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is well blended. Pour glaze over pecans and cherries; top with rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pans onto platters and let glaze drizzle over rolls.
Originally published as Christmas Star Rolls in Country Woman Christmas 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.