Christmas Morning Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 unbaked pastry shells (9 inches)
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Place half of mixture in each pastry shell. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and pepper.
- Pour half over sausage in each shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 268 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 30, 2011
This was really good as is. Next time I make I'll probably use ham because my husband isn't a sausage lover. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.
Feb 6, 2008
I made this for my all my extended family this year at Christmas. I exchanged the sausage with bacon and the swiss cheese with chedder when I doubled the recipe.It was fabulous both ways!