- 1 pound bulk pork sausage with sage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- In a bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Place half of mixture in each pastry shell. Combine eggs, milk, onion and peppers. Pour half over sausage in each shell. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forChristmas Morning Pie
"This was really good as is. Next time I make I'll probably use ham because my husband isn't a sausage lover. Otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing."
"I made this for my all my extended family this year at Christmas. I exchanged the sausage with bacon and the swiss cheese with chedder when I doubled the recipe.It was fabulous both ways!"