Christmas Mice Truffles
Total TimePrep: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (16 ounces) maraschino cherries (with stems)
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or pine nuts
- Colored nonpareils or pearl dragees
- Place cookies in a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese; process until blended. (Keep unused mixture covered at all times with a damp cloth.)
- Working with a few at a time, shape 2 teaspoons cookie mixture around a cherry, tapering to resemble a mouse. Sprinkle with wafer crumbs. Add almonds for ears and nonpareils for eyes. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Dec 7, 2015
I made these little cuties for a Christmas potluck at work. They were an absolute hit! Everyone kept commenting on how adorable they were. The truffles were a bit tricky at first, but once I got into a routine they were easy to assemble. I used gold dragees for the eyes, which were cute. I also substituted finely crushed chocolate animal crackers for the wafer coating. The taste of the truffles were good, but I think I might add an extract for more "oomph" next time. Maybe mint, orange, almond, etc. Thanks for sharing this adorable recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.