- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 36 red nonpareils
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 18 pieces black shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Stir in 1 cup wafer crumbs and sour cream. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Place remaining wafer crumbs in a shallow bowl. For each mouse, roll about 1 tablespoon crumb mixture into a ball; taper one end to resemble a mouse. Roll in wafer crumbs to coat. Attach nonpareils for eyes, sliced almonds for ears and licorice pieces for tails. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forChristmas Mice Cookies
"Really cute and simple! But the eyes are just SO CREEPY!!!!!"
"These are so easy and everyone thought they were so cute! They were delicious, too!"
"I make these cookies every year. I use Archway Dutch Cocoa cookies - I put the cookies in a food processor. Once the cookie crumbs, sour cream and chocolate are mixed I refrigerate for a couple hours before they can actually be handled without a mess. These little treats CAN be frozen without any problem. Although the grandkids are getting older, they still love these little guys."
"Used "chocolate Cats" cookies from Trader Joe's for the chocolate wafer cookies. Did not make the mice but made "truffles" out of this super easy recipe and rolled them in a variety of crumbs - graham cracker crumbs, coconut, finely crushed candy canes and finely chopped pecans. Very pretty and tasty! Tripled the recipe."
"This was an awesome recipe!! I acctualy made this one with my kids and didnt feel like screaming lol. They taste great too. We made 3 dif kinds cuz we have a big family. we made them with white chips and gram cracker and with peanutbutter chips and gram crackers they are all great thanks so much fior sharing this one!!!!! It will be made again!"
"An absolute blast to make with children. We ate them by holding them by their tales. Lots of giggles. Oh yeah, they taste very good too."